All those wishing to volunteer in any capacity at St. Barnabas United Methodist Church must be MinistrySafe approved. You can access the Ministry Safe Application, the MinistrySafe Reference Form, the Ministry Safe Youth Ministry Policies and Form (for youth and vulnerable adults) and the Ministry Safe Children’s Ministry Policies and Form below.
- Complete the required video training if you have not done so in the last two years (contact the ministry staff for the area you are volunteering to get a link to the training).
- Click on the links below to access the MinistrySafe Application, the MinistrySafe Reference Form and the youth or children’s forms if applicable.
- Complete the forms and save a copy to your computer.
- You must provide three references: one professional (if applicable), one personal and one family member (references must include one family member and one member of the opposite sex). Make sure to include email addresses on the reference page for your contacts. Let them know that a quick response is needed, and all references are being contacted.
- After completing the forms, contact Pastor Ginger Bassford, Thomas Killough, Alyssa Lawther, Judith Pickering or Robert Rayburn to schedule a time for a one-on-one interview to complete the process.
- Bring a printed copy of your forms and references to the interview. (Do not drop off your forms at the church prior to your interview.)
Background checks are stored in the Ministry Safe database, not on church computers. References and paperwork are stored in a secure, locked location at the church.
Thank you for volunteering with St. Barnabas and for helping us keep our children, youth and vulnerable adults safe!